Adult Field Services – Victim Restitution
One of the Alameda County Probation Department (ACPD) Strategic Plan Goals is to have a Victim Centered Approach that Supports Those Impacted by Crime. We understand that crime’s greatest impact is upon those that are directly harmed, however, crime also affects the significant others of the victim and the perpetrators as well as harming the community at large. In addition, many individuals involved in criminal justice themselves have been victims of crimes perpetrated against them.
Victim services and other community-based organizations provide a diverse array of services. Through rapport-building and culturally sensitive and trauma-informed approaches, they assess victim needs and provide critical support to survivors.
District Attorney's Office Victim Services
The Victim-Witness Assistance Division within the District Attorney's Office has Victim-Witness Consultants trained and experienced to work with victims, witnesses, and their families.
- VINELink (online resource that allows victims of crime to obtain information about the custody status of their offender)
- Domestic Violence (National Domestic Violence Hotline)
- Child Abuse
- Report child abuse: (510) 259-1800
- Alameda County Children and Family Services
- Children Welfare Information Gateway
- Elder Abuse
- Adult Protective Services: 1(866) 225-5277
- Alameda County Department of Aging and Adult Services
- Bureau of Elder Abuse-State of CA Department of Justice